Saturday, October 03, 2009

Apple Pickin' 2009

Let me give a quick prelude to the apple picking... I have a great husband. I love spending time with him and I just can't get enough of him. Making fun memories, like apple picking, just adds to my appreciation for him. I really like this guy. :)


We went to a cute family-owned farm in Woodstock (Illinois) called "More Than Delicious" orchard that had numerous kinds of apples. I think we left there with 10 different kinds of apples. We brought home Cox's Orange Pippin, Jonathan, Jonalicious, Senshu, Snow, Tolman Sweet, Gala, Lustre Elstar, Sweet Sixteen, and McIntosh.

A lovely sample and rather large apple, actually.
Prolific fruit- bearing trees.
A little cheese with our apples.
Spying on my apple picker.
A view of the farm from the orchard. Just finishing up...
Our loot.

2 comments:

wendi and marilee said...

that sounds like a bunch of fun!

SHANNA said...

i miss you guys! it looks like ya'll are really having a great time in chicago! wish you were here!