Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Ranunculus

This is one of my favorite flowers, the ranunculus. I am not a big pink person, I prefer orange, yellow, and green. I also usually prefer tropicals, but the ranunculus, even though it is small, has so many petals in this tight little bud that it it has impressed me. I grew yellow ranunculus last year in a pot on my front porch. Unfortunately after it was finished blooming and died away during summer, the ground squirrels came hunting and dug up the tuber (or bulb, but I think tuber), so bye-bye yellow ranunculus. 
Notice the nasty snow in the background. I think I am now ready for spring.... no, summer. Spring here in the Chicago area is too much like winter to me. I am ready for summer!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like these! They're really pretty. I'm sure the yellow ones you had were nice too.

Anonymous said...

ive nevr ceen this pretty thing!

-imeny

Opp Family said...

I love ranunculus! I think are exquisite with all their petals. Sooooo pretty!

Crafty Lady said...

Nice choice. They are beautiful.