Monday, May 11, 2009

Ahhh!!! I Ate A Cupcake!

Ha! I feel no guilt. It was totally sugar-free! My sweet hubby and Jason Warr made a Mother's Day dinner for myself and Monica Warr (they are our Illinois pal-buddies). The boys made us cedar-plank grilled salmon and asparagus. Yum! Then they ended our dinner with a sugar-free treat. They bought and made a Sweet-N-Low cupcake mix and topped off our cakes with chocolate icing. Now, it really wasn't the same as a treat made with real sugar, but I was grateful for the thought and the welcome break from plain-tasting food. Love my boy!

Just an aside: I may venture to purchase a new cookbook for when I end this sugar-fast. It is called "babycakes." It is a cookbook written by a girl who runs the babycakes restaurant in NY. She uses organic alternative products for baking such as: agave nectar, rice milk, coconut oil, gluten free baking flour, etc. Sounds interesting to me, we'll see how eager I am at the end of the month. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

argh
i hate sugar free anything.

even sugar free juice tastes HORRIBLE

-imeny