Monday, June 01, 2009

Breaking the Fast

Ok, so I broke my month-long sugar fast. I decided that I would "go out with a bang," and that I did. I decided to make this extremely sinful cake whose recipe is found at the vanilla kitchen site at the end of this post. This is a chocolate cake iced with a chocolate and peanut butter ganache and filled and topped with Reese's Mini Peanut Butter Cups. It is very heavy, very rich, worth having only (not at least) once in your lifetime. I'm sure I clogged at least one artery eating my portion, which I could not completely finish. :) I should mention that the Warr family joined us for dinner and dessert, Monica had nixed the sugar as well.

HERE IS WHAT EVERYONE WANTS TO KNOW: What are you going to do now Christi? Do you HATE sugar now? How do you feel? YOUR ANSWERS: I am going to eat sugar in moderation, use replacements like stevia and honey, and try to eliminate it from dishes that really don't need it. No I don't hate sugar, I just don't like the way too much of it makes me feel (physically and mentally). I feel EMPOWERED! Sorry for the girl-power cheesiness, but I really truly feel empowered and more in control and less obsessed over sweets. I don't need it like I thought. HALLELUJAH! I feel FREE!


http://vanillakitchen.blogspot.com/2008/08/chocolate-peanut-butter-cake-with-pb-c.html

1 comment:

audreywaldron said...

Great job!! I couldn't go a whole month I know my body would revolt and go into starvation mode with out sugar :)