Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Explosion

For the most part I have tried to stay away from Skot's adventures in blending. Being pregnant and frequently nauseous means that I have been pretty much disgusted by his pureed food. Yes, to the point of gagging. On the positive side, I have been so proud of his efforts to be creative and to not let this whole mouth-wired-shut situation get him down.

With that said, he has had a few hiccups. Somehow, I thought we would skip this one, but apparently not. We had a blender explosion in the kitchen. I know, how sad. This was on a Saturday. Skot decided he wanted to blend eggrolls. No, no, don't gag. It's okay, I understand the throw-up feeling in the back of your throat. Anyway, he put all the food in the blender without placing the lid on, didn't see that the toggle switch was in the on position and plugged into the outlet. I heard a loud noise, then Skot cursing the blender and food and life itself. I jumped up thinking he for sure had injured himself only to find this...

Food on his face, in his hair, down his backside...
Itsy-bitsy pieces of food - everywhere...
And guess who cleaned up most of the mess? Trust me, it wasn't because he wasn't willing to do it and he did help some. I insisted on taking care of it. He needed a break. Poor boy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GROSSSSSS!! The things he has eaten in these past weeks...yuck. I'm sure I would have starved if I was in his position!