Sunday, October 19, 2008

Beet Red

It's a little embarrassing... I love to experiment with food, but I suppose that the word "experiment" is deceiving. I really only try out new food/recipes after I try it in a restaurant first. That does not make me a proper kitchen connoisseur.  I have tried a couple of recipes without actually tasting the stuff first, but never had the outcome I was hoping for. Oh well, maybe one day I will become a little more brave again. For now I will just be the "Copy Cat Connoisseur."

Aren't these beets lovely? I had some amazing spring rolls when we were poolside in Las Vegas. So, of course, I felt compelled to make my own at home. There was quite a bit of preparation. I chose numerous veggies and had to julienne them all by hand because I don't have a food processor. This beet was one of those vegetables. I was so taken aback by the beauty of this red beet I had to stop everything and take a picture. The spring rolls will be posted soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pretty

imeny