Monday, October 27, 2008

Pilates Studio, a New Frontier

I decided months ago that I wanted to try pilates again, and not with the old video I purchased from an infommercial some 5 years ago. So, after discussing this with some friends at work (once again some months ago) we decided we would get a group of four together and proceeded to procrastinate our master plan.  So, to my great surprise, they purchased a gift certificate for my birthday for a private training session. I went to Inner Peace Pilates studio on Friday past and enjoyed my first training session on the "Cadillac" and "Reformer" machines. Loved it, my abs are sore, my body feels limber. That's all I have to say for now. :)
The studio floor. No shoes allowed. I love "no shoes allowed" type places. It seems cleaner.
The Cadillac is on the left, the reformer machines to the right. The stuff hanging down from the bars on the cadillac (aka trapeze machine) are spring loaded, so you lay down and pull with arms or legs depending on what exercise you are doing.

No comments: