Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkin Eater

It's that time of the year. Time for cooler weather, excessive amounts of candy, fun costumes, ghost stories, and pumpkin carving. We finally got around to carving our pumpkins last night. We are trying to make a habit of having family night, so this was our activity!
Skot's carving process looks painful and difficult.
Way to impress your wife pal! Skot is not typically one to read directions.
Here I am trying to do some intricate carving on my pumpkin. I decided that I wanted to carve an ancient Aztec god on my pumpkin, but quickly ditched that idea when I realized what I was about to do to myself. What I mean is that I tend to make big plans when it comes to decorative stuff without realizing or comprehending the amount of work it will require to accomplish. I might have gone ahead with my idea if I had the proper tools, though. 
Skot is finished way before me, of course. :) That's alright, it gave him time to take some more pictures.

4 comments:

Travis said...

It sure was cool to read through your blog. i am glad that I tracked you guys down. Looks like all is well with the Waldrons!

Anonymous said...

cool!

imeny

Crafty Lady said...

Way to go on the pumpkin carving. I can see you two take this very seriously. Are you going to post the final product?

Anonymous said...

what's an aztek pumpkin

and what's it look like?

-imeny