Sunday, July 19, 2009

Fetal Position

Wow. What a strange title for a post you may say to yourself. Well, it certainly has a double meaning. I've spent a lot of the past month in the fetal position due primarily to the fact that my body is trying to support one right now... a fetus, that is. YEP! We are pregnant. Yes, I know - Finally! That's what everyone is saying. We (or I, whatever) are 10 weeks along. We went to the OB on Friday and heard the heartbeat. Thank goodness! I did NOT want all this suffering to be for nothing.

Before I list my complaints I would just like to go on the record as saying that I am extremely grateful for my current status. Yay! Baby coming in February!

Now for the complaints. I'm suffering from almost constant nausea. Oh, it's so yucky. Plus, three of my favorite things have been sacrificed in the process of forming this alien fetus. First, my enjoyment of food is pretty much gone. I severely dislike ALL cooking smells. This means I eat crackers, fruit, cereal, and yogurt. That's it. Second, I now detest the smell of my sweet husband. His scent, which was my favorite, now is just, well, yuck. Poor sweet boy. Third, I haven't run in - get this - FOUR WEEKS!!! I know - NO WAY! Yikes! I actually found myself winded after climbing my stairs today. What the heck? No likey. :(

13 comments:

Travis said...

Congratulations! That is terrific! You guys are right on our tails now! We better go have another one before you guys start to catch up...

Seriously. That is terrific. There in nothing that brings more joy in life than bringing a child into the world and then raising him/her. I guess that's why we have had a few. Please keep us posted!

PS: I thought Skot was always kind of stinky...

Candice said...

Oh YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh I am like jumping up and down so excited for you! Sorry you don't feel good :(

Candice said...

I just told my mom and she is beside herself excited...she said she has stuff that you picked out a long time ago to make a baby quilt so she is going to be busy :)

meli said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for y'all! Motherhood is an
amazing adventure!

Anonymous said...

:) I already told you how EXTREMELY HAPPY I am for you guys. :) Just thinking about it makes me smile :)
Lub U

Liz Kim said...

dude, one of my friends couldn't stand the smell of her hubby during her pregnancy too! poor hubbies.

Opp Family said...

I'm soooooo happy for you! Congratulations! It's so much fun to see (and hear) that little heartbeat.

SHANNA said...

couldn't be happier for you guys!! i will have to agree with travis- scott was always kinda stinky!! ha. hope you feel better soon.... don't worry, you will start to enjoy things again very soon... although scott may have to change his odor! YAY FOR BABY WALDIN!!!

Roos Family said...

It's so exciting that you guys are preggers! It's so neat to see the answers to prayers, always on God's timetable not ours. Stinky or not we love Skotty! Mom and Tim

lishalou said...

Chris,
Your pregnancies sound JUST like mine@! I'm so so sorry, as I TOTALLY understand. I threw up 10 times a day with my first and luckily it was less with my others. If you need someone to whine to, I'm here and totally UNDERSTAND! My hubby went stinky too and I'd vomit if I smelt the stove get turned ON! I'm SOOOOO excited for you though. You will be the cutest mommy ever! Loves!!

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Forget Slow Downloads Using NZB Files You Can Quickly Search High Quality Movies, Games, MP3 Albums, Software and Download Them at Rapid Speeds

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]NZB Search[/B][/URL]

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can say that I approve of with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is quiet a question as you did in the downgrade publication of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=vista court cabins and lodge ?
I noticed the axiom you have in the offing not used. Or you functioning the black methods of inspiriting of the resource. I take a week and do necheg

Anonymous said...

It isn't hard at all to start making money online in the undercover world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat world[/URL], It's not a big surprise if you haven’t heard of it before. Blackhat marketing uses little-known or not-so-known ways to build an income online.